Do you like chocolate? Do you love chocolate? Do you like not spending hours waiting for your favorite desserts to bake? Do you want the easiest three-ingredient delight ever? Then this recipe is about to change your life, I swear.
These are some of the most deceivingly easy-to-make truffles you could ever make. I’ve made them so many times over the years, and they never fail to please!
I originally got this recipe back in college from my parents’ neighbors who have a lovely tradition of bringing around cookies to the neighborhood families every Christmas. These rocked my socks when I first tried them, so I begged for the recipe. I was shocked when I realized how easy they are to make- and I hope you find a place for them in your dessert routine as well!
- 1 package Oreos or other chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- ¼ cup white chocolate, melted
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies until ground to a fine crumble. Transfer the ground cookies into a large plastic food storage bag. Add the cream cheese to the bag, and close the food storage bag.
- Shake the bag to coat the cream cheese with the cookies, then, using your hands, massage the bag to squash all the cream cheese pieces and incorporate the cookies. You may need to do this for a few minutes, but eventually you want to get rid of all the clumps of cream cheese and fully incorporate it into the cookie mixture. You’ll end up with a uniformly chocolate-y looking mixture.
- Using your hands, roll the cookie-cream cheese mixture into 1.5-2″ balls. Dip the balls fully in the semi sweet chocolate, remove and shake off the excess. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- With a fork, dip the tines into the white chocolate, and shake it over the dipped chocolate truffles to decorate (or make any other patterns you’d like!)
- Refrigerate the balls for at least 30 minutes, preferably an hour, if you can wait that long.
What are your favorite no-bake desserts?
Happy Eating 🙂