How was your Thanksgiving, everybody?
Ours was quiet, low-key and perfect- from start to finish, we had a great time filled with GREAT food. It was just me, my boyfriend and my mom and dad this year, but less people just meant more food for us 🙂
We started out with some killer Prosciutto-Wrapped Turkey Roulades– an absolutely amazing twist on the classic Thanksgiving turkey. This is literally one of the best preparations of turkey I have ever eaten and I can’t wait to try it again!
Accompaniments included roasted sweet potatoes, yellow rice, roasted brussels sprouts, gravy, and of course, my family’s favorite stuffing! And for dessert, we had a very delicious pumpkin cheesecake – recipe coming later!
But the best part about the Thanksgiving feast, of course, is the leftovers! This is one of my family’s newest ways to enjoy leftover stuffing, and I hope it becomes yours. This dish is such a fun and easy way to enjoy stuffing without feeling like you are rehashing just another meal. We even added some leftover roasted brussels sprouts in with the stuffing to get even more out of our leftovers!
- Cooking spray
- 2 to 3 cups leftover stuffing
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or swiss cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Turn on your broiler.
- Coat an ovenproof skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Put your stuffing in the bottom of pan to get it warmed up, and stir to break it up a little. Sprinkle the cheddar or swiss cheese over top.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, milk, mustard powder, and nutmeg. Pour the egg mixture over stuffing and cheese to cover stuffing. Sprinkle the Parmesan over top. Cook on stovetop over low heat for 5 to 7 minutes, then transfer to the broiler and broil for about 2-4 minutes, until egg is cooked through and cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Food Network.
The cool thing about this recipe is that you can use any kind of stuffing you have on hand- and it makes a perfect meal no matter what time of day!
What are your favorite ways to incorporate leftovers into delicious new creations?
Happy Eating 🙂