What’s up, folks? Can you believe it’s Valentine’s time already? I feel like we were just ringing in the New Year, no? Wasn’t it Christmas like… yesterday? Anyone? Just me?
Well, anyways. It’s our first Valentine’s Day as a married couple, and I know I need to up the ante for dessert.
If you’re looking for a really special treat for you and your sweetie to enjoy together, I think I’ve got what you need. This is a recipe designed for two- perfectly portioned, perfectly sweet, and the perfect chocolate dessert to end a special romantic meal.
For these souffles, I rely exclusively on Ghirardelli baking chips to provide a rich semi-sweet chocolate flavor. Ghirardelli chocolate allows bakers to create incredible dessert indulgences. There really is no comparison to other brands in my opinion… and trust me people, I’ve tried a lot. of. chocolate.
Whatever your Valentine’s plans are, make sure to end your romantic dinner with these gorgeous souffles! Flavored with pureed raspberries and naturally gluten-free, they’re sure to please.
- ⅛ cup granulated sugar, plus more for dusting ramekins
- 4 oz Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips
- ¼ cup raspberries, pureed
- 2 eggs, separated into whites and yolks
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease the insides of two 6-oz ramekins with butter, then sprinkle sugar inside so that it sticks to the sides. Shake out any excess sugar.
- Melt the chocolate baking chips in a double boiler over low heat. Stir constantly until completely melted and smooth. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly, then stir in the egg yolks and pureed raspberries until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites and ⅛ cup granulated sugar in a medium bowl on high using a hand mixer, until you see stiff peaks on an inverted beater. Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until blended.
- Divide the batter evenly into the two prepared ramekins. Place ramekins on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and enjoy with your loved one!
Mmm… so chocolatey. Why even wait for Valentine’s Day! These are amazing anytime! 🙂
If you plan on celebrating, what are your plans for Valentine’s Day this year?
Happy Eating 🙂
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.