If you’re looking for a solid desk-drawer snack staple, have I got a super simple recipe for y’all today.
I have been on a really big bring-food-from-home-to-work-as-opposed-to-take-out kick lately. Breakfast, lunch and snacks that I used to buy from around the office are now getting made at home and brought in- everything from coffee, to oatmeal, to fruit, and of course, lunch. But most importantly, I have really been trying to up my snack game- because I can’t keep feeding $1 bills into the vending machine at work. Yes, I love me some Pirate’s Booty. No, I don’t want a giant booty (and an empty wallet).
That’s where these tasty spicy roasted edamame comes in. Shelled edamame gets mixed in a spicy blend of grapeseed oil, kosher salt, garlic powder and cayenne pepper, and roasted to crispy perfection.
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil or other neutral oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Boil your edamame beans: bring 4 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Pour in edamame and cook for 5 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
- In a bowl, mix together the cooked edamame, oil, salt, garlic powder and cayenne. Arrange edamame in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, tossing edamame around with a spatula about halfway through. Finished edamame should be crisp and slightly browned.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool slightly, and enjoy! Can be stored in an airtight container for a week.
They may not look like much, but I’ll be damned if they aren’t the most addicting snack you ever had! Try roasting up a bowl for your Super Bowl party this week!