At first glance, candied pecans may not seem like the world’s most glamorous snack. They look boring, seem kind of bland, and aren’t even really candy.
But add a little cayenne to the mix, and oh boy, do you have a game-changer.
These candied pecans have a nice spicy kick and are the perfect snack- although, warning: they are seriously addictive. Brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, cayenne and a touch of salt all combine to make an irresistible flavor combination that will keep you coming back for more.
If you’re willing to share, you can even make them as a great handmade holiday gift for your friends and family! The best part: these delicious pecans only take 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F (you can also use your toaster oven if you don’t feel like using the regular oven!). Arrange the pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Toast for 10 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- While pecans are toasting, whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, salt, cinnamon, cayenne pepper and maple syrup in a large bowl. When pecans are done toasting, immediately add to the bowl and stir to coat the pecans with the mixture.
- Transfer coated pecans back to the lined baking sheet and bake for another 10 minutes at 350°F. Allow to cool slightly, then serve.
- If packaging for later, let cool entirely then place in an airtight container. Can be stored for a week at room temperature.
I’ve got another step-by-step tutorial here to explain how to make these spicy candied pecans- you won’t believe how easy they are to throw together!
Don’t forget to subscribe to my channel for more videos!