Pretty pumped to share this recipe with you all today. As you may have guessed slow cooking is kind of my jam, and I love coming up with new and fun ways to use one of my favorite tools in the kitchen. This recipe is a total keeper and is chockful of great flavors.
This slow cooker stew is loaded with white meat chicken, sweet potatoes, and a nice kick from a jalapeno pepper, salsa verde, and cayenne. It’s the perfect meal for a cold winter’s night!
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed (peeled or unpeeled, doesn’t matter)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- cooked rice, for serving
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Place sweet potatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, and chicken in the bowl of a slow cooker. Add the salsa verde, cayenne, cumin, and red pepper flakes and stir everything together. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours (or low for 7-8 hours).
- When done, remove chicken to a plate and shred with two forks. The chicken should be coming apart quite easily. Transfer shredded chicken back into the bowl of the slow cooker and toss to combine. Serve with rice and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!
Check out this step-by-step recipe tutorial video to learn how to make it:
..But wait, there’s more!
Because it’s the holidays and I just love slow cooking so much and want to share the joy of it with you all, I’m doing a GIVEAWAY! This giveaway is for a 4-quart Crock-Pot slow cooker that is perfect for recipes just like these. It’s very similar to the one I own.
To enter, please leave a comment below telling me your favorite wintertime recipe. Additional entries can be earned by liking my Facebook page and subscribing to my YouTube channel– just leave another comment telling me you did that!
UPDATE: Giveaway is now closed. Thanks for entering!!
Happy Eating 🙂