Welcome to #cookieweek! Susan of The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen and Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic have joined together this week with 23 of our blog friends to present to you a week of cookie treats! We have every type of cookie you can think of listed this week, including something for our furry friends! Now is the time to bookmark these recipes for the upcoming holidays and cookie swaps or simply visit our Pinterest board! Make sure you enter the giveaway with some fabulous prizes from KitchenAid, King Arthur Flour, OXO, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane Sugar to help with your cookie making needs!
When my friend Susan asked me to join her and about 20 other bloggers for something called #cookieweek, I obviously jumped at the opportunity, even if I wasn’t sure what I was getting into at first. I’m a bit cookie-obsessed- as you may know, I co-owned a baking business for a while that specialized exclusively in cookies, and rarely a week goes by where I don’t come up with some new concoction.
These Nutella cookies are some of my absolute favorites to bake, especially during the holiday season. They are guaranteed to bring a smile to anyone’s face- which isn’t surprising given their namesake and main ingredient is that gorgeous ambrosia of the gods, Nutella!
- ½ cup butter (1 stick), at room temperature
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup Nutella
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cream together butter and sugars in a large bowl. Add the Nutella, egg, and vanilla, and beat to combine again.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredients slowly to the wet ingredients and carefully beat together to combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Form into 1.5″ balls and bake on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat for 8-9 minutes, until tops are no longer glossy.
Recipe adapted from Lovin’ From The Oven.
Chocolatey, sweet and laced with a hint of hazelnut- you cannot find a more perfect cookie!
Now, on to the fun stuff!
Four lucky winners will win one of the following:
Prize #1: 1 (one) KitchenAid 9-Speed Hand Mixer plus 1 (one) 4lb bag of Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
Prize #2: 1 (one) OXO gift set including the following: 1 (one) 3-in-1 Egg Separator, 1(one) Cookie Press, 1(one) Autumn Cookie Disk Set, 1(one) 3 piece Cookie Cutter Set, 1(one) Bowl Scraper, 1(one) 2 Cup Adjustable Measuring Cups
Prize #3: 1 (one) King Arthur Flour gift set including the following: 1(one) King Arthur Unbleached All Purpose Flour -5lb bag, 1(one) Snowflake Cookie Cutter Set, 1(one) King Arthur Flour Pure Vanilla Extract, 1(one) Sparkling Sugar Collection, 1(one) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Wafers – 16oz and 1(one) 4lb bag of Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
Prize #4: 1 (one) Silpat Halfsize Mat and 1(one) 4lb bag Zulka Pure Cane Sugar
This giveaway is open to US residents from November 11, 2013 through November 16, 2013 11:59pm EST and will be picked from random draw. The winners will be notified via email and have 72 hours to respond, if not their prize is forfeited and another winner will be chosen.
How to Enter:
- Mandatory Entry: Leave a comment with your favorite cookie to bake during the holidays or for cookie swaps.
- Many more ways to enter in the rafflecopter widget!
The iconic Kitchenaid stand mixer was born in 1919, from there stemmed an entire kitchen of high-performance appliances -all created with the same attention to detail and quality. OXO’s mission is dedicated to providing innovative consumer products that make everyday living easier. King Arthur Flour was founded in 1790. As America’s oldest flour company, they provided pure, high-quality flour to residents of the newly formed U.S. Still going strong, they are the nation’s premier baking resource. Silpat was founded in 1965 by M Guy Demarle in Northern France. He was an experience baker seeing a better way to bake bread with forms using non-stick silicone coatings. He invented the first non-stick baguette baking tray and a few years later invented and created the original Silpat. Zulka Pure Cane Sugar is a Non GMO Project Verified “Morena” sugar – a term used to described granulated sugars that do not undergo conventional refining processes. Zulka is perfect for baking, it tastes better, is less processed and is a cup for cup replacement.
Disclaimer: KitchenAid, OXO, King Arthur Flour, Silpat and Zulka Pure Cane are providing the prizes free of charge. All opinions stated are my own.
Other #cookieweek posts!
Check out the other amazing cookies from #cookieweek today! Enjoy, and stay tuned all week for more every single day!
- Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies by The Cooking Actress
- Caramel Apple Cider Cookies by Like Mother Like Daughter
- Chocolate Chip Sugar Cookie Bars with Peanut Butter Frosting by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chocolate-Filled Christmas Thumbprint Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sandwich Cookies by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Cookie Cups by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Peppermint Raisin Cookies from It’s Yummi!
- Classic Gingersnap Cookies by In The Kitchen With KP
- Coffee-Toffee Thumbprint Cookies from Crumb
- Dark Chocolate Andes Cookie Cups by Beyond Frosting
- Double Chocolate Biscotti by Love and Confections
- Eggnog Cookies by Jen’s Favorite Cookies
- Extra-Chewy Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Cookies from Omeletta
- Fruit Coolers by Texana’s Kitchen
- Gluten-free Elisenlebkuchen cookies by Masala Herb
- Iced Molasses Cookies with by i heart eating
- Orange Cream Cookies by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Peanut Butter Cup Sandwich Cookies by Chocolate Moosey
- Pumpkin Coconut Macaroons by 52 Kitchen Adventures
- Rolo Brownie Cookies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Saketini Christmas Balls from NinjaBaking.com