Hi everyone! Mallory here, well, not really here because I’m on my honeymoon! But lucky for me (and you!) I have some amazing blogger friends who are chipping in to help me out with posting while I’m away. First up is Betsy from JavaCupcake.com with some AMAZING cupcakes for you all! Hope you enjoy!!
Hello friends of Mallory and Total Noms! My name is Betsy and I blog over at JavaCupcake.com! I’m so super excited to be guest posting on Total Noms today so Mallory can get married!
Yay for weddings! Yay for marriage! And YAY for Mallory!
Peaches are literally dropping from the trees here in Bavaria (yup – I live in Germany) and I was so excited to get my hand on about 20lbs of fresh mini white peaches. If you’ve never seen 20lbs of peaches before… let me tell you, it’s A LOT. This bowl of peaches is only about 2/3 of them.
Needless to say, I had a lot of baking to do with these peaches! First, I made a Peach Crumble Pie that was filled to the brim with peaches and topped with a brown sugar and oat crumble. It was HEAVENLY.
Next up were the Peaches n’ Cream Cupcakes I made for you today. The cake is a lightly spiced caked full of peach flavor and is filled with fresh tart peach slices. It’s then topped with a sweet cream cheese peach frosting.
The frosting is so creamy and smooth making it the perfect pairing with the tart peaches filled inside the sweet peach cake. I am in LOVE with these Peaches n Cream Cupcakes!
The recipe may seem like it’s a lot of steps, but really… it’s quite simple. Once you make the spiced peaches, the rest of the recipe is just like any other cupcake you’d make. Batter, bake, fill and frost. Easy peasy!
Again, a big CONGRATULATIONS to Mallory on her wedding! I wish you nothing but happiness for the future!
If you’d like to see more of my creations, check out my baking blog JavaCupcake.com! I focus on creating inspired recipes for the home baker. It’s a lot of fun! You can also find me on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest!
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups fresh peach puree *see below
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 3 cups sliced fresh white peaches
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp all-spice
- ½ cup + 2 Tbsp fresh peach puree, strained
- 6oz cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1lb powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Wilton Harvest Peach Food Coloring Gel
- Wilton 1M piping tip & disposable bag
- Mix everything together and sit out on the counter, uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup for the cupcake filling.
- Place the rest in the blender and blend until smooth. This will be used in the frosting.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the peach puree, vegetable oil, egg, and vanilla extract.
- In three parts, add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Add the vinegar and mix until incorporated. DO NOT OVER MIX.
- Fill cupcake liners ⅔ full with batter.
- Bake for 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 2-3 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter & cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the strained peach puree and beat until combined.
- Mix in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- Add the salt and the vanilla extract.
- Add a drop of Harvest Peach food coloring gel to tint slightly orange.
- Beat on medium-high speed until incorporated.
- Switch to the whisk attachment and whip until doubles in size. Stop as soon as it doubles or it will collapse.
- If the mixture is very soft, chill for 20 minutes before frosting.
- Core the center out of each cupcake.
- Fill with diced peaches.
- Using a Wilton 1M tip, pipe swirls of frosting onto each cupcake.
- Top with pink sugar pearls.
Umm, wow. These cupcakes look incredible! Thank you so much to Betsy for posting while I’m away. Please be sure to check out JavaCupcake.com- she has so many amazing sweet treats for you to check out on her blog!
mally (& Betsy!)