I am such a sucker for a big bowl of pasta, diets be damned. It’s the reason I would never survive a week on the Paleo diet (that, and pizza, and bagels, and cookies, let’s be honest), and honestly, I’m okay with that.
Tart cherry tomatoes, garlic, toasted pine nuts, flavorful artichokes and pesto combine to make a quick and easy pasta dish that comes together in as much time as it takes to boil a pot of water. Talk about easy! This pasta is super comforting, with a nice hint of spice and that lovely pesto aroma- plus a great way to use up any leftover summer cherry tomatoes.
In fact, I’m pretty sure all the vegetables and herbs in here make this pasta healthy! …Right? Right. This is a great meal for weeknights, or anytime you just want a big bowl of comfort straight to the face. Enjoy!
- 2 cups packed basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- kosher salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 8 oz. dry spaghetti, fettucine, or other long pasta
- 1 cup pesto, storebought or homemade (recipe above)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 4 jarred artichoke hearts in oil, drained
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted
- fresh chopped basil, for garnish
- shredded parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Make the pesto (if not using storebought): Combine all pesto ingredients except the oil in a food processor or mini chopper. Pulse until chopped. Add the oil and blend until all combined. Set aside.
- Boil 6 cups of water in a large pot. As the water’s coming to a boil, assemble the rest of your ingredients. Halve the tomatoes lengthwise, slice the garlic lengthwise into thin “chips”, and coarsely chop the artichoke hearts.
- When the water is boiling, turn heat down to medium and salt the water liberally (1-2 tbsp of kosher salt will do) add pasta and cook according to the brand’s instructions.
- When pasta is cooked, drain in a colander. To the pot, and keeping over medium heat, add the garlic, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. Add the pesto and stir to combine. Add the drained pasta and toss to coat. Garnish with toasted pine nuts, chopped basil, and cheese and enjoy!
And in case you’re counting, 22 days to go til I’m a Missus. Yippee!!!
Happy Eating 🙂
Don’t forget to sign up for my email newsletter!