YOU GUYS! I have had an amazing past few days. On Saturday, my bridesmaids, friends and family threw me the most EPIC surprise bridal shower! Best of all, it was Total Noms themed!
That’s right, an entire event catered with Total Noms recipes- from Hummus Crusted Chicken and Quinoa Tabbouleh, to Grilled Zucchini Salad and Simple Sesame Noodles (and more!), I couldn’t believe how thoughtful and DELICIOUS everything was. Every detail was perfection- the setting in a gorgeous old house on the Hudson River, beautiful printed recipe cards for everyone, fresh potted herbs as favors, and best of all, a cupcake decorating contest at the end!
Honestly, the entire day was one of the best of my whole life. It was so sweet and wonderful having all my friends and family there as I start my new life with my future husband. I felt like a princess (did I mention there was a tiara, too?) and enjoyed every second. My bridesmaid Morgan was the resident photographer for the afternoon and is putting together a photo album from the day, so once I have those I will hopefully be able to post a link here.
Of course one of the greatest things about getting married is filling up that registry, and getting all the amazing kitchen gadgets that I have been pining for! I can’t thank my family and friends enough for making my kitchen even more stuffed with awesome pots, pans, plates, knives, bowls, and mixer attachments! Get excited, there’s a lot of fun stuff to come here now that I have all these goodies (can anyone say, “donut pan”?)!
So about this chicken. What a knockout meal for a quick weeknight dinner. A rich mustard sauce spiked with dill and garlic + beautiful browned chicken makes for a happy couple at our house. I am a big fan of anything dijon mustard, and lately have been on a huge dill kick (blame it on those pickle chips I smuggled in from Canada last month!), so pairing the two was a foregone conclusion for me.
And side note- A few weeks back, Pompeian sent me a few bottles of delicious oils and vinegars to sample and try. I’ve been obsessed with this Pompeian Olivextra Premium Mediterranean Blend (not an affiliate link)- it’s actually a combo of olive oil and grapeseed oil. It is the perfect high-heat, all purpose cooking oil and it also works great blended with salad dressings. I used this to brown the chicken for the recipe, and highly recommend trying to find some for your own kitchen!
- 2 tbsp good quality cooking oil (I use Pompeian Olivextra Olive + Grapeseed Oil blend)
- 4 thin-cut boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or 2 regular chicken breasts, each butterflied)
- salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 200. In a skillet over medium heat, add the oil and allow to heat up. Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels and salt and pepper both sides. Carefully place the chicken in the pan and allow to brown, flipping after 3-4 minutes. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes until cooked through, then remove to an oven-proof dish while you make the sauce. You may need to cook the chicken in 2 batches. When you are done sauteeing, transfer the ovenproof dish with the chicken in it to the preheated oven to keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Keeping the same skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp butter and allow to melt. Add the minced garlic and allow to cook briefly, about 1-2 minutes until it starts to brown but not burn. Add the white wine to the pan and deglaze, using a spatula to scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of the pan. Add the mustard and remaining 1 tbsp butter, and stir until sauce becomes uniform. Finally, add the dill and stir again. Turn off heat and remove the chicken from the oven.
- Serve chicken topped with the mustard dill sauce. Enjoy!
Whats your favorite go-to quick chicken dinner for weeknights?