HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Hope yours was great. We spent another New Year’s Eve with Anderson and Kathy, along with my best friend and MOH Devin, and feasted on carnitas tacos, chocolate-covered strawberries, and of course, champagne!
So let’s get to it… What are your resolutions for 2013?
Here are a few of mine in no particular order:
- Don’t become a bridezilla. No one likes a bridezilla.
- Do something every day that I can feel proud about (this can be anything from taking the stairs, to holding the door for someone, to choosing a salad over fried chicken, to not being a bridezilla (see #1))
- Eliminate all soda from my diet. This one should be fairly easy.
- Cut back on caffeine. This one will not be nearly as easy.
- Go to the gym at least twice a week for cardio and once a week for yoga or pilates.
- Save my pennies and bring lunch to work more often!!
But really, my resolutions should revolve around making more of these delicious home fries. I made these for New Year’s Day brunch- not a bad way to kick off 2013, don’t ya think?
You know what another resolution should be? Remembering the difference between hash browns and home fries. Well, it’s not that I don’t know the difference. It’s just that I literally ALWAYS say hash browns when I mean home fries, and vice versa. They really shouldn’t make two potato-based brunch dishes that both start with “H” and are two-word phrases.
Man are these puppies delicious. I followed the recipe over at Simply Recipes (adding some diced red peppers along with the onions for good measure), and they came out perfectly crispy and super flavorful. I highly recommend Elise’s method delicious homemade home fries- so head on over there and check the recipe out!
Happy New Year! and as always…