Never made ice cream before? No interest in buying an expensive, special machine just to do so when there are pints of Ben & Jerry’s singing your name at the bodega down the street? Maybe you’re allergic to dairy or just want to watch your calories?
Then this is the ice cream recipe for you. Well, more like “ice cream”. Yeah, it’s frozen, it’s creamy, almost soft-serve-like, and it’s DELICIOUS- but there is NO cream or dairy in this bad boy, and minimal fat.
The secret? Frozen bananas. That’s it. There are literally three ingredients in this decadent treat, and if you didn’t want peanut butter or chocolate, there’d only be one. Seriously. You gotta try this!
- 2 bananas, peeled and cut into ¼ inch discs
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Place banana discs onto a plate, uncovered, and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Put frozen banana discs into a blender or food processor and blend, until the mixture is creamy. This might take a moment or two, and you may need to scrape down the sides with a spatula every so often.
- When you are at the consistency you’d like, add the peanut butter and chocolate chips, and blend again for a few seconds.
- Voila! Easy peasy frozen treatsy!
The best part about this recipe is that you can add WHATEVER toppings you want! Next up I’m thinking nutella, or maybe strawberry. Also, if you have leftovers, you can freeze it in an air tight container- the consistency will become more like that of regular ice cream as opposed to soft-serve.
Happy Eating 🙂