Guys… can you feel it? It’s coming. I’ve all but retired my ginormous down jacket. I’m starting to search for my sundresses, and thoughts of dusting off the grill out back are getting me pretty dang excited. That’s right… springtime is here.
In order to celebrate the longer hours starting with Daylight Savings Time tomorrow, and the arrival of tons of fresh vegetables with my latest FreshDirect order, I decided to throw together a delicious, fresh and tangy cucumber salad, laced with the flavors of fresh lemons, cilantro, and white wine vinegar.
This is the perfect side dish for some sliced steak, salmon, grilled chicken, or even makes a delicious, nutritious snack on its own. Any fresh herbs you have on hand will do here- I just love cilantro for that crisp, fresh and tangy flavor!
Zesty Cucumber Salad
- 1 cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp packed, fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
1) In a bowl, combine sliced cucumbers and diced tomatoes. Set aside while you make the dressing.
2) In a smaller bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, salt, cilantro, vinegar and olive oil. Pour over cucumbers and tomatoes, toss, and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavors to marinate together (if you can wait that long!).
What’s your favorite way to celebrate spring time?